Voyager Sopris Learning introduces new professional development solutions to raise literacy achievement in K-12 classrooms
May 04, 2017
In a related announcement, Elliott said Voyager Sopris Learning will host a webinar at
The webinar will be co-presented by Dr.
To register for the webinar, which will use information from Dr.
Here is a closer look at the two new professional development products from Voyager Sopris Learning:
• Connecting LETRS to the Classroom is a series of 15 one-hour online sessions that builds on and reinforces the knowledge of effective classroom reading instruction teachers acquired in their LETRS professional development training. The sessions will allow teachers to:
- Work at their own pace with time for reflection and to collaborate with colleagues;
- View modeling of research-proven teacher practices and routines that support effective instruction;
- Apply and learn strategies while using student work from their own classrooms; and
- Gain confidence in their ability and knowledge as they progress.
• Fundamentals of Literacy Instruction is professional development for K–3 reading teachers who want to implement the components and principles of scientifically based reading instruction. Teachers review the theory and research behind literacy instruction and apply that knowledge to develop explicit, practical lesson plans that can be immediately implemented in their classrooms. FOLI will:
- Introduce the science of how children learn to read;
- Illustrate the importance of oral language, phoneme awareness, phonics, fluency, vocabulary, and comprehension in reading instruction; and
- Demonstrate how to put these concepts to work in the classroom.
For more information on Voyager Sopris Learning, visit www.voyagersopris.com.
About Voyager Sopris Learning
Voyager Sopris Learning® is an education partner committed to unlocking the full potential of every teacher and every student. We believe that the best way to meet and exceed standards in education is to address the underlying systems of teaching and learning, and to nurture those systems at their most fundamental levels. Our programs and services are based on research and classroom evidence, ensuring they are easy to implement, teacher friendly and effective. We offer a variety of digital and blended instructional tools, programs, and professional development, all of which are designed to help every teacher deliver nothing short of the highest-quality instruction to every student. Voyager Sopris Learning is a business unit of
Voyager Sopris Learning, Inc. Ileana Rowe, Senior Vice President of Marketing Cell: 503.810.5183 firstname.lastname@example.org Thompson Drake Public Relations Doug ThompsonOffice: 541.322.9345 Cell: 541.419.4471 email@example.com Investor Contact Cambium Learning Group, Inc. Barbara Benson, Chief Financial Officer firstname.lastname@example.org